Outstanding full-year financial performance
Fourth quarter 2021 highlights
- Net revenue was SEK 218.8 (210.5) million representing a growth of 4.0% (55.3%).
- Organic net revenue growth was 7.0%.
- Gross margin increased to 64.9% (61.2%).
- EBIT was SEK 40.3 (39.1) million and EBIT margin was 18.4% (18.6%).
- Profit for the period was SEK 31.2 (30.4) million.
- Earnings per share and per diluted share was SEK 1.50 (1.50) and 1.50 (1.46), respectively.
- The average NPS (Net Promotor Score) value was 67 (66).
January – December 2021 highlights
- Net revenue was SEK 705.0 (561.9) million representing a growth of 25.5% (33.0%).
- Organic net revenue growth was 36.4%.
- Gross margin increased to 64.6% (61.7%).
- EBIT was SEK 127.7 (104.2) million and EBIT margin was 18.1% (18.5%).
- Adjusted EBIT was SEK 137.6 (109.2) million and adjusted EBIT margin was 19.5% (19.4%).
- Profit for the period was SEK 99.9 (80.0) million.
- Earnings per share and per diluted share was SEK 4.80 (3.94) and 4.80 (3.84), respectively.
- Inventory as a share of LTM net revenue was 20.8% (16.2%).
- Average return rate was 16.0% (15.8%)
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 2.50 (0.00) per share.
Comments from Michael Lindskog, CEO
“2021 was an outstanding year for RugVista Group. We grew organically by 36% to reach SEK 705 million in net revenues. Our adjusted EBIT was SEK 138 million representing a 19.5% margin. Our Board of Directors are also proposing a dividend payout of SEK 2.50 per share or SEK 51.9 million in total.”
“I am also pleased to announce that we achieved an organic net revenue growth of 7% coupled with an EBIT margin of 18.4% during Q4. It is especially pleasing that we grew during the quarter considering the strong comparable from last year.”
“We introduced RugVista Essentials which is a collection of rugs we developed especially for those decorating their first home.”
“Moving into 2022, we start off facing another quarter with challenging comparables (92% growth). I am nonetheless looking forward to everything that we can achieve in the upcoming year and continue to feel confident that we are working on the right initiatives to deliver on our financial growth and profitability targets.”
Conference call in connection with the publication of the year-end report
In connection with the publication of the year-end report for January – December 2021, Michael Lindskog (CEO) and Henrik Bo Joergensen (CFO) will hold a conference call at 10:00 a.m. CET on February 17, 2022. The call will be held in English. To participate, please call
+46 8 50 55 83 50 or visit https://tv.streamfabriken.com/rugvista-group-q4-2021.
The year-end report and the presentation are available at RugVista Group’s website: https://www.rugvistagroup.com/en/investors/reports-and-presentations/.
The conference call can also be joined through the Group’s website: https://www.rugvistagroup.com/en/investors/q421/.
This report includes information that RugVista Group AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 7:30 a.m. CET on February 17, 2022.
FNCA Sweden AB
Nybrogatan 34, SE-102 45 Stockholm
+46(0)8-528 00 399
About RugVista Group AB (publ)
RugVista Group is one of the leading European direct-to-consumer online platforms within carpet and rug sales through its online stores, available in 20 different languages, using the RugVista and CarpetVista brands. The company was founded in 2005 and offers a broad and relevant range of quality design and traditional carpets and rugs. RugVista Group offers its EU based customers free deliveries and returns free of charge. The Group’s operations are divided into three segments: Privat consumers (B2C), Business consumers (B2B), and Marketplaces & Other (MPO). The B2C segment represents the consumer market and is the Group’s core segment.
RugVista Group employs approximately 85 FTEs and is headquartered in Limhamn, Sweden. The Group’s shares are traded on Nasdaq First North Premier Growth Market under the ticker symbol “RUG”.